Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmeg is a popular oil for aromatherapy because of its various uses, including helping ease queasy stomachs and relieving achy joints and muscles. It is also a warming oil that can help sleeplessness.
- Eases queasy stomach
- Helps in easing achy joints and muscles
- Aids in sleep
- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Plant Description: Nutmeg is a kind of seed that comes from a tree that belongs to the genus Myristica family. Its seed is fleshy red with a husk dried exterior
- Aroma: Soft, spicy, and woody with a slightly musky note
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Blends Well With: Lavender, Clary Sage, Geranium, Rosemary, Petitgrain, Orange
- Main Constituents: sabinene (21.38%), 4-terpineol (13.92%) and myristicin (13.57%)
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: Consult your doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Consult your doctor
- More Safety Info: Storage life up to 2 years
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- 4 drops Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 2 oz Carrier Oil
Add 4 drops Nutmeg Essential Oil to a carrier oil and rub in clockwise circles on the abdomen.
Sleeplessness Diffuser Blend
- 5 drops Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 5 drops Vetiver Essential Oil
- 5 drops Cedarwood (Atlas) Essential Oil
Diffuse for 15-30 minutes before bedtime to encourage sleep.
Muscle and Joint Rub
- 5 drops Chamomile (German) Essential Oil
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
- 1 drop Nutmeg Essential Oil
- 2 drops Clove Essential Oil
- 5 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 oz Carrier Oil
Combine essential oils with carrier oil and apply as often as needed.