Lavender Essential Oil (40/42)
One of the most well-known and commonly used essential oils in aromatherapy, Lavender boasts a wide array of benefits including promoting healthier skin and hair, supporting the immune system, and aiding in sleep.
- Promotes healthy skin
- Relieves sore Muscles
- Boosts immunity
- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Origin: France
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Flower
- Plant Description: This herb belongs to the Lamiaciae family. It’s a bushy shrub with tiny, tubular blossoms with 12-18 inches flowers that spike upward
- Aroma: Fresh, herbaceous, floral scent with a woody, balsamic undertone
- Note: Middle to top
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Blends Well With: Bay, Bergamot, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Geranium, Jasmine, Lemon, Mandarin, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Pine, Thyme, Rosemary, Rosewood, Ylang-ylang
- Main Constituents: linalyl acetate, linalool
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- More Safety Info: Storage life up to 4 years
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Relaxation Rub Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Beeswax
- ½ cup Solid Coconut Oil
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 15 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 10 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 5 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Glass container with cover
- Melt Beeswax and Coconut Oil in Pyrex Measuring Cup placed in pot of water on stove. Stir to help melting along.
- Add essential oils to glass container. Once Beeswax and Coconut Oil are melted, pour into glass container. Lightly stir. Cover and allow to cool.
How to use:
- Slather on bottom of feet and cover with socks before bed.
- Apply to pulse points on wrists and behind ears, then occasionally bring wrists toward nose and take several deep breaths in and out.
- Use as a lotion on arms and legs.
Calming Lavender Putty
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Salt
- 3 tbsp Cream of Tarter
- 1 tbsp Almond, Canola, OR Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Boiling Water
- 10-20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- Liquid Food or Soap Coloring
- Glitter (optional, but fun)
- Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large bowl.
- Add boiling water and stir to combine.
- Add coloring and mix until desired color.
- If adding glitter, start with 2 tablespoons and add up to ¼ cup. If not adding glitter, you may need to add more flour if mixture is too sticky to handle.
- Once you have reached desired consistency, add in 10 drops of Lavender and stir to combine. If you would like a stronger scent, add 10 or more drops of Lavender and combine.