Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass can be found in traditional Indian medicine, used to treat infectious illnesses and fevers. The essential oil is used in aromatherapy because of its countless benefits to mental well-being.
- Provides emotional calm
- Eases the nerves and provides mental clarity
- Warms overused muscles and joints
- Botanical name: Cymbopogon flexuosus
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Plant Description: It is a tall perennial plant that belongs to the Poaceae grass family. It has bright green colored grass, and its leaves are sharp
- Aroma: Fresh earthy, citrusy scent
- Note: Top
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Yellow to brownish yellow
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Citronella, Fir Needle, Geranium, Grapefruit, , Lavender, Lemon, Lime. Marjoram, Nutmeg, Palmarosa, Pine
- Main Constituents: Geranial, neral
- Kid Safe: May be used on children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes
- More Safety Info: Generally safe. Follow dilution instructions
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Warming Muscle Rub
- 2 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lavender or Marjoram Essential Oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Carrier Oil
Mix well and apply to sore muscles.
Cleaning Blend (Master Blend)
- 25 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 25 drops Orange (sweet) Essential Oil
- 20 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
Combine all essential oils in stock bottle to create a master blend. In an 8 ounce spray bottle, add 1/4 cup white vinegar, 15 drops of the master blend, and top off with water. Works great for counters, bathrooms, windows.